Thursday, July 1, 2010

I'm Back!

I just got back from my beach vacation today, and I'm pretty tired, so I think I'll let the pictures do the talking! (The one above is definitely worth a thousand words and at least one Band of Horses album cover.)

The boardwalk: so pretty at night.

Silly bandz are all the rage these days! (Amongst my siblings, that is--not me.)

Some of my family :)

I took a bunch of Polaroids. Now I need to get more film (boo).

This is my new maxi dress ($7, from 579) and my old bike. Check out the cute (and handy) basket I added.

A bit of my bikini and brand new, $3 flea market sunnies. (They're turtoise shell and very slightly cat-eye shaped, I'll get a better picture on here soon. I think they're perfect.)

A really blurry picture that my little sister took. I look so dorky with my glasses!

Me and the littlest sis, posing on the beach.

My stuffed little closet at the rental place. Hooray for stripes and florals!

Me and two of my sisters, modeling some new clothes. Aren't we stylish? (My red jacket was $11 from Forever 21, my sister's blue romper was from Hollister, and my sister's LBD was from Forever21 for like 20 bucks.)

Wicker furniture and nautical-themed stripes, what more could you want in June?

Again, the maxi dress (I've pretty much been living in it because it's so comfy; I'm even wearing it now), this time accessorized a little with a necklace.

Me and the sister being awkward on the beach, haha.

No, this isn't a romper--just a tank and shorts--but it does look like it, doesn't it? Geeking it out with the glasses again.

So yeah, obviously while I was there I did participate in some serious consumerism: the maxi dress, the jacket, lots of iced coffee from 7-Eleven, and I also bought my very first magazine, a copy of Vogue. I enjoyed it very much, especially since it's more fashion-oriented than sex-tip-oriented like its fellow magazines, Cosmo and Glamour and so on. It had the prettiest pictures, and I can't wait to cut some of them up and post them on my wall. I'm thinking I'll start a subscription. (This is a first and a biggie for me! I've never subscribed to a magazine before.)

So what about you? Have you taken any summer vacations yet, or plan to? What did/will you wear? Do you subscribe to any magazines? Oh, and for an awesome take on teen mags, take a look at The Seventeen Magazine Project, NOW. It's all kinds of awesome.

No comments: