Sunday, July 18, 2010

What I Wore & What I Bought

Today I went to my local flea market (and I mean very local--it takes two minutes to walk there from my house) and saw these two amazing trunks. They had been there last weekend: a large one for $15 with a yellow and red design and a smaller black one for $12. This weekend they were marked down to $7 and $6, and the guy gave them to me for $12 altogether. They were pretty filthy so I spent half of today cleaning them outside, and then the other half lugging them up the stairs and into my room. It was a labor of love, and totally worth it. I've been dreaming about these trunks for a week now, and I'm so thrilled that I now own them, and can store all my junk in them. (Don't tell anyone but I'm totally pretending I'm heading off to Hogwarts any day now.) Anyway, here's the trunks:

Nice, right? I have a blanket over one because the top is in just awful condition.

...And here's what I wore while walking around the flea market (not while cleaning and lugging huge, dirty trunks around):

The flats are from Target, the skirt was thrifted ages ago, the shirt was from Target, and the hat is my mom's--I borrowed it for the day. The necklace was given to me by my grandmother; it's a silver heart.


I wasn't sure about mixing a studded belt with a straw hat, but whatever. I've seen people at the flea market dressed in way worse.


My sister went with me, and when we were leaving she said, "You're going to wear that hat?" I insisted on it, using the sun as an excuse (the real reason: I had awful bedhead, and secretly thought the hat made my outfit look chic.) When we got to the flea market, she started complaining about the sun being in her face and I got to smirk and crow.

Hm, looks like I've suddenly been into long hemlines. I haven't worn this skirt in ages because I hate when skirts/dresses hit me mid-calf, but my boyfriend mentioned it the other night and I resolved to try wearing it again. Using a belt to hold it up a bit higher definitely helps.

Well, I'm off to continue to gleefully throw stuff into my pretty new storage spaces. Expect more posts later, as always!

No comments: