Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What I Bought

So, as promised, here's the loot I scored from Target today. I had like 30 bucks to spend from babysitting, so I went a little crazy. (And I'm just gonna go right ahead and apologize in advance for, as always, crappy photos.)

In the shoe category, I really scored. I got two pairs of shoes for less than 2o bucks altogether.


One was something I've needed for a while: sturdy black flats. As is befitting their necessity, they were the more expensive of the two, marked down from $25 to $12. Funnily enough, this is the same price of my old pair of black flats from Target... that are falling apart like wet paper. I can actually stick my finger through one of the many holes and poke it out on the other side.
I have a feeling these will last a little longer. They're made out of leather, not cardboard.


The other pair was a cheap, just-for-fun impulse buy. And although I don't really need bright red sneakers, I have wanted them for a while.
This does not do justice to their brightness.

I've actually had a picture of them in my "Want" folder for months, so imagine my surprise and delight when I stumbled across them in the clearance section in the store.
This exact picture. See? I told you.

And anyway, the color might not be sensible, but I could definitely walk around campus in them. Can't say that for all the high heels in my closet. So who says they're not a sensible buy? And for 7 bucks, why not?


In the accessories category, I also got some nice things. I needed knee-high socks for the upcoming fall/winter semester, so I got a pack of two pairs of nice black ones (a shocking $7 but worth it):
...And another impulse buy: Striped ones that were only 2 bucks. I don't know how exactly I'm going to wear these, but it should be fun.

I also got the prettiest scarf.

It was marked down to $3, from like $13. I usually only wear heavy winter scarves, but light scarves have been really popular lately and I decided to get in on the trend.
Still sorta trying to figure out how to wear it, though.

And in the not fashion-related at all category, I got a wallet for 3 bucks because I needed a new one (my old one is ugly and soooo bulky, and it takes forever to find stuff because it has a million sections):

...And a small notebook for 2 bucks because my old notebook has about three blank pages left and was left out in the rain so now the writing is all blurry. I need a cheap, small notebook around constantly for scribbling down lists (to-do lists, want lists, idea lists, planning lists, etc. I know I'm a nut).

I did see two pretty dresses, but they weren't anything to die for and were 20 bucks each. As you can see, I was only looking for single-digit items in order to stretch out my splurging spree as much as possible. The black flats were the most expensive item at $12, but they're a really sturdy staple piece that I'll get tons of wear out of, so it was a fair tradeoff.

Well, I think I'm gonna go snuggle happily with my newly purchased items now. What, you don't do that after shopping? Weirdo.

No comments: