Monday, July 19, 2010

Trends I Hate

Okay, hate may be too strong a word, but here's five trends that I just don't get and will not be subscribing to any time soon.

First off, clogs:
Okay, these aren't so bad and she makes them look pretty good, but all other clogs are devil shoes, alright?

Next, harem pants:
God, I hate these. They just look so unflattering. I don't understand why any woman would want to have all this fabric draped from her crotch to her knees like that.

Third is--brought to you once again by the Olsens--gladiator sandals:
They need to stop wearing such ugly shoes. Shoes should be pretty, and gladiator sandals just look like you hate your feet (and, depending on the kind, legs) so much that you need to keep them in a painful, scary cage. Yikes.

Fourth on the list is cat-eye sunglasses:
They've gotten really popular lately as sort of retro sunglasses, and for the most part I think they're alright if the shape is subtle. I might even try a pair on. But I'm tired of seeing ridiculously pointy ones because they seem too costumey and unnatural.

Finally, we have the romper:
Now, at first I was on the fence about these, but then I tried a few on and they all looked ridiculously bad on me. So I am now against them. Sure, they might work for you, so try them on--but honestly, I don't even think it looks that great on Rihanna. If it doesn't work for her, is it really going to work for the rest of us? Also, as my friend Jill likes to point out: Total. Bathroom. Nightmare.

In other news, trends I'm still heartily enjoying: stripes (but not nautical, I'm pretty tired of that), floral, sequins, and pixie cuts (of course).

No comments: