Monday, July 12, 2010

Wish List: The Fashion Version

Remember the other day I posted my birthday wish list, but none of it was fashion-related? And then I promised a fashion-related post? If you don't, well, all of that totally happened.
I keep an on-going, ever-changing list of things I want to add to my wardrobe. Some are sensible staples, others are impractical or unecessary things I thought of on a whim but still really want--no, need. I always buy these things myself, which is why it wasn't on my birthday wish list.
So here's the list as it is right now:

1. A black cross-body bag. This is a want, not a need, although I would argue that I need it for occasions when I'm wearing black and my brown bag just will not work.

$198, Anthropoligie

I love that bag but it's way too expensive. Luckily I saw a nice alternative for only 10 bucks at Old Navy today; I have to go back there and snatch it up.

2. A blazer. Navy, grey, or black. I'd love one for fall, and it is a wardrobe staple.

$26, Kohl's

3. Black wedge booties. This is totally a whim--one that probably won't be achieved anytime soon since I can't find any that aren't a couple hundred dollars.


Who cares where these are from cause they're like $600. But I think they're Jeffrey Campbells.

4. Thigh high socks. A necessity for fall. I already have one thick grey pair but I want a sexy black pair.


5. Belts. Skinny ones for a whim, and a thick brown one and black one for practicality. Can you believe I don't own any belts?
Delia's

Delia's
Topshop

6. Ankle socks. I've been seeing people wear bright, colorful ankle socks with their heels and oxfords lately, like these two girls:


and damnit I wanna try.

7. A pencil skirt. Definitely a wardrobe staple, especially for the fall when I'll have a job.

New York & Co.

8. Button-up shirts. Same as above.

?

9. A leather jacket. This is a whim, of course. I think it'd help me look more badass (my life-long goal) and my boyfriend only fueled the fire by telling me I could totally pull it off.

Etsy

10. A zipper skirt. I don't know why. I guess because I think they're sort of subtly naughty, haha.
Forever 21


ModCloth

11. A tutu skirt. For the opposite reason of the above: to bring out the ballerina in me.
$10, Wet Seal

12. Sandals. I wanted a pair of sandals for the summer and now the summer's half over, so I might just give up on this. They all look weird to me anyway.
Target

13. A red dress. You know about my recent red dress obsession. I won't give up on this.


Target

14. Wide-leg trousers. For the fall. I just want to try the apparent upcoming trend.

$17, Etsy

15. A grey cardigan. Also for the fall. Why? Because I love grey cardigans.
$27, Old Navy

16. Chic "easy" pants. Like these:
JCrew
or these:
Not sure.

Ever since I saw this I've been on the hunt. So far, haven't found the right pair. I tried on some over the weekend but they were too much like harem pants--baggy around the hips and crotch and not flattering.

17. Black boots. For the winter. I already have brown boots and they have ridiculous heels, which --surprise!--isn't practical at all.

Etsy

18. A shirt dress.
$25, Forever 21


19. A winter hat.

$16, maybe Topshop$15, Amazon


20. A sweater dress. It'd serve my need to wear dresses in the winter while still keeping me warm and comfy.

ModCloth

Victoria's Secret

A lot of this was fall/winter oriented because I already got all the summery things on my list in the beginning of the summer, and now I'm on the lookout for things I'll need in the upcoming months.

Do you keep a list of things you want to add to your wardrobe (mentally or on paper)? Or do you just get whatever you see that you like without any planning and thinking ahead? Trust me, I do both...

3 comments:

La Fille D'or said...

Hello! I just found you blog.Yeay!

I like your choices. I too used to be belt-less, but now I have several that are so great for changing up an outfit. It's nice because they are relatively inexpensive and they go a loong way in your wardrobe : )

wwwi.iwasthegoldengirl.blogspot.com

Eli said...

some times I wish I could just have all of the anthropologie store, furniture and all

Kelly said...

Thanks for the comments, guys. I love new readers! And to Eli, yeah, I love that anthropologie bag, I just wish all their stuff wasn't so expensive.