Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What I Wore: Day & Night

Yesterday I was in the mood for sequins and glam after wearing a t-shirt and shorts for days, but I also wanted to be somewhat comfy and casual. A hard balance to strike. During the day, I was out doing errands and hanging out with the boyfriend, so I wore this:

The vest, sequined top, and cutoffs are all thrifted. The black flats are from Target and the bag is from ModCloth.
A big bag for holding all my stuff throughout the day, comfy clothes for the heat with a bit of shine to make it less boring, and flats for practicality. Oh, and glasses because I was driving.


A bit dorky, right? I love it.

Then I went with the girls for an impromptu night out. Since it was short notice, I didn't have time to do an outfit change and figured this would pretty much do fine. For extra glamour, I added glitzy earrings, heels, and a cocktail ring. I also undid the vest a bit to show more sequins and swapped the big bag for a clutch.
Ta-da!

I made this clutch from an old purse. I like the zipper trimming I added.

The heel's are from Maurice's and, continuing the theme, they have zippers!



A clutch was essential, because big bags can ruin an evening/fancy look.




The cocktail ring is thrifted. The nail polish I'm wearing is actually a really hot pink, not some grandma color like above. Stupid web-cam. I took another picture this morning, and with a lot of editing I got it closer to the actual color:

It went really nicely with the teal color of the vest.

So there you go. That's how I transitioned from day to night by accessory-switching only. What do you think? Do you ever do this, or--if you're not as lazy as me--do you just change your whole outfit?

No comments: