Sunday, July 4, 2010

Testing the Trend: the Maxi Dress

So, you might be tired of this by now (my family certainly is) but I recently got a maxi dress for 7 bucks and I love it. It's really really comfy, the nicest shade of blue, and it looks casual and regal at the same time. Okay, every once in a while the wind will blow it out around in such a way or I'll be slouching too much while sitting, and it will make me look slightly pregnant. I'm thinking about trying to add a belt to it sometime. I'm not totally sure how I'm going to transfer this over to the fall (let alone winter). Are maxi dresses solely a spring/summer look? Another problem is shoes. The only shoes that seem to go with it are flip flops, really, or black ballet flats. More often than not, I go barefoot when I'm wearing it. It just looks best that way. Oh, and one more downside: It's a bit long so I constantly trip over it, haha. All in all, though, I really love it, and I'm glad I decided to try the trend.

I love that it's padded so that I don't have to worry about wearing a bra, especially since...

....the back is a racerback.

And yes, it was rather difficult riding my bike in this. I totally did it, though! And I'm pretty sure I didn't flash too many people... Although it was New Jersey, so who cares.


Have you tried any trends lately? How about the maxi dress? Like or dislike? Do you have any suggestions for me on how to wear it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really not a fan of the maxi overall, but I really love the back of this one. Cutaway backs are quite possibly the sexiest thing ever [I just bought a shirt with a very sexy cutaway, I'll have to give you an Italian fashion show when I return to the States!]. It also compliments your bike quite nicely, although I'm not entirely sure how you're planning to ride in that! The front's a little plain for me, but I'm a patterns girl - too much of a solid color doesn't do well on my curves haha, but it [as with everything] looks great on your slender figure. Overall, not my style, but you rock it well <3

Kelly said...

aww, thanks. I'm glad you like it, and I totally agree about cutaway backs being sexy. I love to show my back. And yes, it was really difficult riding my bike in this, but I did it anyway :)