Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wish List

My birthday is in a few weeks, so naturally I've been making multiple drafts of my birthday wish list and sending copies to everyone I know. Hah, just joking. Mostly. I definitely do have a wish list (don't we all?), and here it is:

1. My dad loves books as much as I do, but we have different tastes. So while he's happy to get me books for my birthday or Christmas, if left to his own devices he'll end up getting me some really obscure sci-fi novel that I have no interest in. So I just email him the books I've been eyeballing lately, which in this case are The Polaroid book, The Sartorialist's book, and The Selby book. All coffee-table/picture books! Normally I go for fiction or poetry, but not this year apparently.

2. It's also up to my dad to find me some cheap film for my Polaroid online, which is the only place you can get it these days. It gets really expensive just for a pack of ten photos, and I'm running out of film.


3. My siblings don't really have a lot of money or shopping finesse, so I always tell them to get me candy. This year I will also tell them that Target gift cards...


(this is what I actually look like while shopping at Target. I even wear all red!)

...magazines (I NEED to subscribe to Vogue).......Hubba Bubba Bubblegum Tape (yummy AND fun; it's the only gum I like, haha)...
....and nail polish are all acceptable.
Hm, speaking of nail polish, I really want those nail polish pens Daddy Likey mentioned once.


4. A car.
Any of the above would be fine, thanks. (Obviously I like small, colorful cars. But then who doesn't?)

You might have noticed that clothing, oddly enough, isn't included on the list at all. That's because I prefer to do my own shopping when it comes to clothes/accessories/bags/etc. I always feel bad when my mom gets me expensive jewelry that isn't my taste, or spends money on a shirt that I hate, so from now on I've banned it. No worries, though. The next post will be entirely fashion-related. It'll be so much fashion, in fact, your head might explode. Don't say you weren't warned.

No comments: