Friday, July 16, 2010

What I Wore


I've had this dress for ages now. I thrifted it a million years ago for like a quarter, and never wore it because it didn't quite work. It has a low back and is very apron-like in the front. Today I decided to make it work or get rid of it. Luckily I had the idea to take this lacey scrap of fabric and put it on the top of the dress, and it really helped to make the dress a lot more wearable.





Here's a closeup of the lacey fabric I added to the dress (in the pictures it's simply tied at the back but I'm going to cut and sew it on properly):
The belt was a hideous purple suede one that I found recently and painted brown.

The shoes are my beloved Vera Wang strappy heels from Kohl's.


The bag was thrifted ages ago and I can prove it: one of the straps came off, the inner lining is all gone, and it's thin as paper now. I'm sad because it's so pretty, I wanted it to live forever. It has ELEPHANTS on it:
This is a closeup of the back of my outfit. My 11 year old sister took these pictures for me, and I think she did a really good job.

Another picture of the back.
I'm probably gonna get rid of all the extra fabric that's hanging there, but I just left it tied and draped for today because it was easier.

No comments: