Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Peek Into...

...My workspace! Months ago I gave you guys a peek into my bag, and today I thought I would share the place where the, erm, magic happens? Whatever, here's my desk. Enjoy!

The basic setup: laptop, notebooks, glasses, flowers, jars of pens/pencils/markers/etc.
My glasses, writing notebook and drawing book. The red writing notebook I got at the flea market ages ago for 25 cents and it had an old, personal letter in it that I still have somewhere. On the front it says "The Scribble-In Book" in fancy gold cursive. I use it for poems and lists and ideas. I have a smaller notebook that I keep with me at all times for jotting down lists and important things. The blue book has a very specific use: I keep all my "What I Wore" drawings in there.

I just put the Polaroids up there the other night because the wall was looking awfully blank, and the photos have just been sitting in my red notebook for ages.

The flowers are just for prettiness. I try to have a vase of flowers around all the time. My computer background is currently Jean Seberg, who was awesome, but it changes constantly.

We've had this desk and chair for ages. The lamp (you can just barely see it in this picture) was from Target--a steal for 10 bucks.

And there you go. It's clean and organized this week because my two sisters, who I usually share the room with, are at camp. So the desk isn't cluttered with makeup and hairbrushes and various other things, although their straightening iron is still there. (Obviously it was a mistake to keep a mirror right by the desk.)

Come back sometime soon for another post on interiors, as well as another What I Wore post, assuming I wear something interesting today.

No comments: