Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Red Skinny Jeans

Today I was babysitting and going grocery shopping, so I threw on something easy that I wear a lot: a grey t-shirt and my red skinnies. I love grey, and the red skinnies were an impulse buy off the Target clearance rack a few months ago. They don't get a lot of wear, since they're pretty vibrant, but I do wear them fairly often. I usually pair them with neutrals, like with my grey shirt and brown shoes today. I didn't take a picture, but it was basically this (including the H&M trench because damn it was chilly today): Anyway, I've liked this look for a while now. It's simple and comfy but still attention-grabbing. While I was grocery shopping I flipped through a copy of Glamour and they were promoting the trend of wearing a pop of red with neutrals, and I mentally patted myself on the back for being a step ahead of them. Then today, I read College Fashion's post about wearing colorful denim--including the part about red skinnies and pairing them with neutrals--and literally went "Ha!" Look who's a brilliant trend-setter now.

No comments: