Sunday, June 6, 2010

Neko Case

I became a fan of the singer Neko Case after my boyfriend introduced me to the song "This Tornado Loves You" (it's hard not to, it's such a great song). Now I admire her even more after having seen her in this album art:

I was musing to my boyfriend the other day that I wish I could look as badass as her, and he replied that anyone would look that badass if they were crouching on the hood of a car with a sword. Soooo, of course I had try it myself. What do you think, did I come close to her?

Okay, so I'm wielding a broom instead of a sword, and I forgot that she went barefoot. But, hey, I gave it my best shot.

Not that badass, is it? What is it, the floral skirt? The fact that you can kinda tell I'm trying not to laugh? Oh well. I guess I'll just stick with being a smartass.

Oh, and since this is a fashion blog: Do you like my outfit? It's pretty simple--just a white t-shirt and skirt with flats--but it did some serious double-duty for me this weekend. I wore it out Saturday night to walk around at a festival my town was having and then to my little brother's baseball game. Later that night, I ended up staying over at my grandparents' lake cottage with my cousin. Since that was completely last minute, all I had with me was what I was wearing and whatever was in my bag (which, admittedly, was a lot). And of course the next day, Sunday, was my cousin's graduation party at a fancy restaurant. Since I didn't have time to go home and change I was stuck wearing yesterday's outfit. As my cousin pointed out, good thing I had decided the other day to wear a skirt! It's just too bad I don't make a habit of carrying deodorant and a toothbrush in my purse. Luckily it was an Italian restaurant, so I'm pretty sure the overall smell of garlic wasn't blamed on me.

No comments: