Monday, June 7, 2010

Men's Fashion

Sorry for the onslaught of posting lately. I have a lot of free time now that I'm out of school for the summer (yes!) and still haven't landed a summer job (boo). Also, apparently I'm still in the running for that College Fashion internship, so I'm sort of hoping that if they happen to check out my blog while considering my application (hi, College Fashion people!), they'll be impressed with my work ethic. And my fashion sense, and wit, and modesty.

Anyway, on to the actual topic of this post: Men's fashion. I don't know about you, but the men in my life aren't what you could call fashionable. My brother has taken to non-ironically wearing a cowboy hat, and I'm still convinced that my dad was the one who started that whole moccasins craze among all the girls at my high school. As for my boyfriend, he wears a t-shirt and khaki pants/shorts every. single. day. He hates denim for some reason (he says he doesn't like the feel or look of it), so he never wears jeans. Every once in a while he'll throw on a blazer or, if he's getting dressed up, he'll wear a black button-down. More often than not, though, I'm the dressy one. I'll show up for a casual date in heels and a skirt, while he'll be in a t-shirt. It doesn't bother me--I can't expect everyone to think about fashion as much as I do--and even if he did dress like half the guys on the Sartorialist, I'm not sure I'd like it. (I can't have my guy better-dressed than me, after all!) However, I really enjoyed these pictures of fashionable men, and I hope you will too. Pretty sure they're all from the Sartorialist.






Wow. Um. What was I saying before? Yeah, I don't remember either. I think for his birthday and Christmas, I'm getting my boyfriend a trench, some grey cardigans, pants that aren't khaki, and a red button-down (he already has a sweet watch and sunglasses, I'm happy to say). Okay, he'd never wear grey cardigans, so those will be for me. And um, I want that Catcher in the Rye t-shirt for myself too.

What do you think? Do you ever want to give your boyfriend/dad/guy friend/brother a fashion makeover? Do you notice men's fashion? How much do you care about what a guy wears?

No comments: