Sunday, October 18, 2009

What I Wore Today

So I realize that this feature might have been done a lot already, but I really like the idea, so I thought I'd try and showcase my outfits on here every once in awhile.

Today, I wore a basic black T-shirt under ModCloth's Stormy Weather dress (which I actually got on eBay for a slightly cheaper price--yippee), with black tights and the pendant necklace my mother gave me. I'm also wearing my vintage lace-up booties that I found on Etsy for about $40.


Then, I added an oversized white cardigan that I got from Kohl's clearance rack for 3 bucks.


Finally, since it's getting pretty damn cold out, I finally broke out my blue winter coat. It's not a very good winter coat in the sense that it doesn't really keep me all that warm, but it's just so cute, I can't bring myself to replace it.


And here's a shot of the vintage shoes:


To finish off the look: accessories!
First, a vintage purse that I got for my birthday (my aunt found it at a church festival).


It has elephants on it! (In case you can't tell from this shitty picture.)

And then I realized my purse kind of clashed with my necklace.

I know, there's no rule that every bit of your outfit has to match, but I wanted to try this anyway. I took a bronze elephant that had fallen off a hairclip and, using some sticky-tack (not just for dorm walls, you know!), I stuck it onto the pendant. And voila:


Not the most finely-crafted bit of jewelry ever, but I think it worked pretty well in this instance, and I can't wait to wear my elephant necklace with my elephant purse some more. And the best part is, I can remove the elephant and sticky-tack at any time if I want to switch back to the old flower pendant.

So there you have it. All the pieces used to make up my outfit today. Would you wear something similar? What's your opinion on DIY-jewelry and elements of an outfit going together? Leave your thoughts!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are adorable. I love you. <3

Kelly said...

Aw, thanks. Love you too :)

daddylikeyblog said...

Oh my gosh, I love the layering you did here! So cute. Especially that oversized sweater--isn't Kohl's the best?

Kelly said...

Thanks! And yeah, Kohl's rocks, but their clearance racks rock even harder. (Wow, try saying that five times fast.)