Saturday, October 17, 2009

Kelly's Closet: Shoes

In this regular feature, I'll showcase (you guessed it, you clever reader, you!) things in my closet. Today's item is (yeah, you probably guessed it again) shoes.

Like any typical teenage girl, I'm pretty crazy about my shoes. I never understood the phenomenon until it suddenly hit me around the age of 16 or 17 (I developed late, I guess). Since then, I've slowly but surely developed my own little collection that I love to drool over and brag about, so here you are:


Okay, so it's not that great of a collection. These are my nine best pairs. I have others, but not the kind I'd show to the Internet, especially not on a so-called fashion blog. You know, like ratty old sneakers or flats that look like they've been chewed apart by a bunch of ravenous wolves.

Now, for closeups so you can see each shoe in all its loveliness:

My bright yellow flats:


My pink and brown flats (the picture does not do them justice; there's so much lovely detail):

I've had these for ages, so who knows where I got them from.

My brown flats (I adore the detail of the two little gold buttons):

Not sure of the origin of these, it's been a while. I love them to death, but they give me a nasty blister on the back of my heel so I rarely wear them. Damnit.

My super-comfy blue and white wedges (I love the little blue bow and the design on the wedge):

These I got on sale from Kohl's for $15. I was thrilled. And the insides are so soft and squishy! In a good way. Combine that with the wedge heel, they're almost too comfortable for shoes this cute.

My red peep-toe heels (because I figure every girl should have a pair of sexy red heels):

I can't remember where I got these from or how much they were.

My black heels (yes, they have a zipper. I thought it was kind of punk rock):

These were from Maurice's for about $30.

My vintage lace-up chunky booties (I love saying "chunky booties," not sure why):

These I got from Etsy for almost 40 bucks. I definitely splurged, but simply couldn't help myself.

My white rubber rainboots (with tiny kitten heels!):
It's been raining a lot lately, and I realized I really need a pair of rainboots. I got these for like 3 bucks on eBay (the shipping was atrocious, though, so they were more like 20 bucks).

My brown slingback, peep-toe heels:

The lighting's considerably different on this one because I took the others during the day, and this one later on at night when I realized I'd forgotten them. And how could I have done that? I love these heels: the ridiculously pretty inner design kills me (literally, I agonize over why they have to hide it and end up looking at them more than wearing them because of it), and the little brown flower/bow thing on top, if you can see it.

So there you have it. My modest, but undeniably cute* (right? right?) shoe collection. What's your favorite pair of shoes and why?

*My boyfriend has a problem with the fact that cute is pretty much always the only word ever used to describe shoes. He's sort of right. I feel slightly abashed, but that probably won't be enough to stop me from squealing about how cute these shoes are. No, I don't actually do that...

Coming up next from Kelly's Closet will be dresses!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. I WISH that I had this many amazingly cute shoes!! [subtle hint: my birthday is coming up... just a little FYI ;-) ] You've been telling me about these for weeks, and I have only now gotten to see them. And those are such sweet - not to mention cute - kitten-heel galoshes!! I love them!

Kelly said...

Thanks! I love them too :) I'd probably marry them if I could.

Anonymous said...

Under one condition: I get to plan the wedding. And wear a pair of your adorable shoes to the wedding.

Kelly said...

Haha. Deal. It'll be the wedding I've always dreamed of, ever since I was a little girl...