Monday, October 26, 2009

Saaaaale!

OMG, OMG, OMG.

Mod-retro-indie-and-vintage-inspired-style lovin', bargain huntin' fashionistas, prepare for battle! Drink lots of fluids! Get a good night's sleep! Because tomorrow, ModCloth is having a huuuuge sale. 50-80% off on their site, starting tomorrow and ending Thursday. I'm so excited (can you tell?). Finally, I'll get a chance to actually buy something beautiful from there--and at a reasonable price! I'm still mad about the $7 shipping, but whatever. I'm not sure how much to hope for; what are the chances of me being able to snag one or more of my favorite pieces at more than half off? I don't know, but I can't wait to find out. I'm sure that by the end of this week, I'll be much poorer, but much happier and more fashionable. And not like, totally destitute, like I would be if I bought things from ModCloth when they weren't on sale. Eek.

Anyway, here's some of my favorite things from the site and their current prices; I'll update this week with whatever prices that get reduced.
First, shoes:

Glass slipper shoes, $43:

I'd feel like Cinderella wearing these. Although I'm not sure where I'd wear them to.

Forsithya shoes, $30:

So so pretty.


D'arcy Boots, $50:


I NEED these.


Chocolate Ganache Flats, $30:

I don't NEED these, but I like 'em.


Bibliophile Heels, $70:

I just really like the name, haha. I'm a self-proclaimed bibliophile. And these shoes are so classy.


Wannabe heels, $38:

I looooove the colors, and they're obviously named after the Spice Girls. Need I say more?


Unicorn Princess Heels in Pewter, $120:

Obviously these are kind of ridiculous, but that's why I want them. They're so outlandishly different, and the name cracks me up. Besides, what girl wouldn't want a UNICORN heel?


The Double Heel-ixs, $43:

These would look great with thick socks or colorful tights.


Her Name is Rio Sandals, $38:

I like these cause they're so gaudy, which is actually something I look for in sandals. I don't like my feet, so I'd rather have people looking at the shoe than my toes.

(Oh, and if anyone's wondering, I'm a size 8 or 9; 8.5 is always a good bet. WINK WINK.)


Now, my top four dresses that I'll be keeping an eye out for:

the Simple Pleasures Dress, $45:


The name says it all: this dress is simple, but gives me great pleasure.


The Goldfinch dress, $65:

I'd probably rename it the Goldfish dress, per my boyfriend's embarrassing nickname for me.


the I Spy Dress, $78:

I dunno why this one is so damn expensive, but I like it, darn it :(


the Forest Dress in Navy, $70:

Also expensive, but very pretty. Reminds me of my grandmother's fancy china. I'd love to wear my oversized white sweater over it.


And finally, some miscellaneous items (which, for me, is anything that doesn't fall under the categories of shoes or dresses):

Field club top, $35:

Not my usual style, but um... I think I'd look cute in it?


Hot Night Owl-t, $35:

I'd love to wear this and try to make my expression match the owl's: the perfect blend of haughtiness and boredom.

Beast Friends Forever Tee in Sleepover, $22:

Hehe, I love this. Soooo adorable, and even though I'm not a pink kinda girl, I'd totally wear this.

Art vs. Music Tee, $33:

Another great t-shirt.


The Little Hat That Could, $24:

Remember how I said a few posts back that I need a hat for this winter? Well, this would be a good one, I think.


I Mean Business Tunic, $43:


So sophisticated.


Reverberation Tights, $30:

You have to see these close-up, they're amazing.

Book Report Vest, $48:

50 bucks for a freakin' vest is a lot, but I really adore this.

Panda Ear Bud-dies, $15:

So. Damn. Cute.


The Adventurist Skirt, $87, NOW $40! (Still too much for me though, damnit.)


I love the front zipper.


The Born to Run Bomber in Asbury Park (whew, what a name), $65:

I'd feel like such a badass wearing this. So different from my usual light blue peacoat.





Alright, so starting tomorrow, I'll be keeping my eye on all these things, and hopefully I'll snag a great deal! And maybe you will too! Good luck!

1 comment:

AtlantianHeart said...

let me know what you buy!!!