Monday, May 3, 2010

Some more fashion aspirations

So, this week I'm just a big fluttering ball of excitement. The most obvious reason is that it's my last week of the semester! Of course, finals week isn't exactly what I'd call fun, but I'm just so happy that I'm going home in a few days to be with my family and boyfriend for four whole lovely months that I don't even care about the mound of papers and studying facing me right now. We can do it! One last sprint and we're at the finish line--or, if you were like me in cross country, it was more like one last pathetic, dying crawl. The point is, I think we're going to make it.

Okay, so reason number two is that I just applied to be a writer for College Fashion. It's such a great site. I spend hours ooh-ing over their Polyvore sets and it's basically the first place I go to learn about the current fashion trends. I also love that they just did a piece on Lou Doillon, whom I've been meaning to cover on here for ages. Maybe I'll look like a copy-cat if I do it now. Sad. I should've put my butt in gear before College Fashion beat me to it. Anyway, I did my best on my application. Hopefully they like it, realize I'm a brilliant writer of the likes of Hemingway (well, probably not, I'm not anywhere near as succinct), and hire me tomorrow. I'll keep you posted, of course.

And finally, I have a bit of hair/fashion inspiration for you guys. What do you think of this:
It's Agyness Deyn, a British supermodel. I LOVE --and desperately want--the yellow dress and her perfect, white-blonde hair. Sadly, I'm not sold on the shoes. Agh, she was so close to perfection!

Anyway though, let's focus on the hair. Ever since I saw a picture of Agyness, I've wanted her hair. I already have a pixie cut, which seriously needs a trim the moment I get home--but I've been brunette pretty much my whole life. I'll admit that I was pretty damn blonde around the age of four and under, and with the big blue eyes, I looked adorable. Not to brag or anything, but yeah: ADORABLE. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that would be the outcome were I to get my hair bleached blonde today.

Still.... I kind of want to. My boyfriend has an irrational hatred of dyed hair, though. If I really wanted to do it, I would, no matter what anyone else thinks. I'm just not sure if I really do. Now, if I could have a guarantee that the outcome would make me look like the gal in the above picture...

What do you think? Wouldn't a white blonde pixie cut for summer look awesome? It's pretty daring though (for me at least). Would you do it, or change your hair in some other dramatic way on a whim?

No comments: