Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What I Wore: Yesterday and Today



I have two outfits to put on here tonight. The first I wore the other day when it was a lot cooler. I've been wanting to try out the recent trend of combining stripes with florals, and also wanted to wear this blazer my sister just gave me. You can't see the details of the stripes that well in the pictures, sorry; but the jacket is white with pink or light red stripes. This is the best my sister could do with the crappy camera we had on hand:

Also, I thought I'd show off my new shoes and bag:
The shoes are the ones I mentioned ordering from Target, and the bag I just got from Kohl's. It was marked down from $50 to $20, and I ended up getting it for $16 because it had a small black mark on it. Haggling for the win! I love both additions to my wardrobe sooo much. They go great together, and will be perfect for both summer and fall. And the bag was really necessary. My main one was falling apart, and this one is sturdy and roomy. It's a nice change.

Now here's what I wore today--something a lot cooler, since it was in the 90's.
My only accessories for this were a pair of aviators and red nail polish.

And, of course, my strappy Vera Wang heels.

I love how the skirt makes a "V" in the back.
And the fact that it has black netting underneath.

Maybe a little 90's, but whatever; I hear it's making a comeback lately. And, well, the skirt is from the 90's. I actually took it from a dress that my little sister didn't want anymore, cut off the top of it (which I couldn't squeeze into, now that I have boobs; it was pretty horrible anyway, with very poofy sleeves) and viola, a new pretty skirt. I love it very much and plan on wearing a million times this summer.

Actually, here's two pictures of my sisters modelling the top half of what was formerly a dress. Awful sleeves, right?
Kaits and I have decided we'll be going out in public together dressed like this.

Sorry for the crappy in-door shots. I'll try and do some of the next ones outside, and hopefully they'll be better quality. I'll also get better detail shots, especially of my new bag and shoes. Sadly, I don't think I'll feel like wearing anything other than a tank top and cutoffs until this weather cools down a bit.

No comments: