Thursday, February 18, 2010

What I Wore Today

Erm, more like this afternoon really. I've spent almost the entire week lying around in sweats and feeling awful (part sickness, part winter blues, part not wanting to get up early for classes... you know how that is, I'm sure). Anyway, I had to run some errands this afternoon and decided the best way to feel better would be to wear a cute outfit. Let me tell you, this never fails. I'm particularly proud of today's outfit. Check it out:



Basically, I was tired of constantly seeing black Northface jackets and brown Uggs being paraded past my dorm window. I decided to be a bright beacon of hope for the downtrodden masses on campus who, like me, are tired of winter and need some COLOR in their lives! And, yeah, I wanted to wear something cute. So, we've got my red skinny jeans, a nautical-inspired shirt (since 1. I've been seeing a lot of that lately online and 2. I never wear this shirt), a matching hoodie, and my blue wedges. All of that blue was a bit matchy-matchy, and my striped shirt was a bit short on me, so I added a yellow tanktop underneath, and I think that made it loads better.
I dunno if you can see in this picture but god, I love those bows on the front of these shoes.
Not great quality, as always, sorry, but here you can see my chipped blue nail polish (it was purely coincidence that it matched; I rarely even wear nail polish), my ModCloth ring, and I'm also wearing two necklaces. The bronze one was a gift from my bestie, Jill, and the silver was a gift/antique/family heirloom type thing my Nan gave me. I was going to include a link to the former, so you could see what it looks like and perhaps buy one of your own if you like it, but I can't the link (help me out here, Jill??). It's from a great Etsy shop. Oh, and the reasoning behind the two necklaces: I was just going to wear the bronze one, but the sweater I'm wearing is trimmed with little silver snaps so I wanted to include the silver necklace to play off of that. Just how my mind works, I guess.


See the silver on the sweater?


Oh, and this one I threw in for my readers' amusement. I was trying to get in a good shot of my shoe, and this was obviously not the best way to go about it (especially while wearing really tight jeans). Yeah, I'm a dumbass.
Ah, here we go. I was worried about the crosshatched pattern on the wedges of my shoes conflicting with the striped shirt, but my roommate said it looked fine, and also, what the hell? Live on the edge!
And there you go. Hoped you liked this outfit as much as I do. I'm contemplating wearing it tomorrow too. I barely went out today, so what are the chances that someone will notice and call me out on it? Yeah. That's probably going to happen. Oh well.