Friday, February 19, 2010

Red Things I Want

Why red? I have no idea, really. I was just browsing longingly through my ever-growing collection of pretty things in my "WANT" folder (yes, I do this regularly), and a bunch of awesome red things popped out at me. Let's just pretend this is a late Valentine's Day post, okay? Okay, good.

And if this post actually was on time for Valentine's Day, this first one would have been perfect. Luckily, Yay Today (which is where I found it) featured it in plenty of time for other lucky people to get it for their lovers. So, this pillow is from Alexandra Ferguson's Etsy shop. Check out her other stuff, it's all totally awesome and, as an added bonus, all of her pillows are made from recycled plastic water bottles (or something like that). How cool is that?
This cute vest/top/dress thingy (??) is adorable enough for me to overlook my confusion about what to call it. We'll go with vest. It looks warm and cozy and it would probably go amazing over... Hm, let me think. Everything? It's from ModCloth, and I'd add the link but for some reason I'm having trouble finding things there lately. Maybe the things I loved and saved ages ago no longer exist. God, I hope that's not the case. So depressing. Quick, let's look at the picture to cheer ourselves up!

So. Cute. How can it be gone? Damnit, now I'm more depressed.

Moving on. This cute little number I found on this Etsy shop for $25.
I've never had a thing for sequins but suddenly, it just hit me out of nowhere: I need more sequins in my life! I especially wanted a sequined dress this past New Year's Eve, but ended up having to go with something less sparkly. This one would have been perfect. I would love to have this to dress up with heels or down with leggings and a blazer--and just to wear it whenever I need a little boost. Because what can do that better than sequins?

Now, this bra I found on Forever21, and it's completely adorable. It's simple, but looks like it'd be extremely flattering, and it just radiates understated feminity. Unfortunately, they're out of this color and now all they have is an ugly navy blue. If you're interested in that, go find it yourself, I'm too bummed out to link to it. I should have gotten this, it was only 8 bucks!
And finally, this one isn't clothing or fashion related, but hey, neither was the pillow and I didn't say they had to be. Also, it's perfect for my belated, half-assed Valentine's Day post.
I love typewriters, and a red one like this would send me over the moon. I'm not sure if I'd actually use it or just have it around for decoration, but either way, I want it. I saw it on Yay Today but apparently you have to search for one, and I have no idea how much they cost. Oh well. If I had that typewriter, I'd totally put it on my desk next to my (imaginary) red phone and sit there in my red sequined dress, drumming my shiny red nails and rocking a sexy secretary vibe.

*Update*
This girl has the right idea!
Admittedly, it's a laptop and not a typewriter, but I'm not complaining. How awesome does that look? As always, I WANT.

No comments: