Thursday, February 18, 2010

Jewelry Inspiration

Here's some jewelry inspiration: I've recently been loving two looks, the colorful chunky beaded look and the edgier look of mixed chains. (This is just necklaces and some bracelets, as I currently have more than enough pairs of earrings and need more of the former two.)

I really like this mixed chain bracelet, and I definitely think I could make something like it:

I also like and think I could make this mixed chain necklace:


And the same things go for this chain ring:

As for the chunky, colorful category: I saw these on Coco+Kelley. They're actually a bit much for my tastes, but damn that's some fine eye candy.


Recently, I saw a girl in one of my classes wearing a huge, red necklace like this and instantly resolved to get one myself:
This one is a bit fancier (pretty sure it's ModCloth):

Also in the chunky and pretty category is this necklace from ModCloth. I really liked it, but when I saw it on the model, it was ruined for me. It's actually huuuuuuge. If it was a bit dantier or even normal-sized, I'd get it. Oh well. Still pretty in this picture:
And a final one from ModCloth (it's not exactly what you could call chunky, but it's definitely colorful):

I saw this on StreetStyle and fell in love with this girl's look (just from a picture of her wrists!). The combination of her badass gloves, girly oversized bracelet, and mixture of vintage watches is just perfect to me:
I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for cheap, vintage watches on Etsy, eBay, and my local flea market, and emulate that look.


Okay, and one more necklace that doesn't fit into any of the above categories I was talking about, but I want it anyway. From ModCloth, of course:

So cute and pretty!

No comments: