Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Style/Wardrobe Envy

There's a girl in one of my classes with the best style. It's very specific, and usually goes something like this: along with dark grey nail polish and tons of rings, she wears a very cool black backpack from Urban Outfitters that I covet, an awesome black and grey striped wool jacket that I covet, black skinny jeans that I covet, grey Keds that I covet, and she mixes up the tops but today it was a white cardigan with gold buttons and blue stripes on the shoulders... that I covet.

Here's my best attempt at replicating one of her outfits:

The coat is kinda close but not really, and obviously they're not the same rings (I doubt she has a couple thousand bucks lying around), and I couldn't find anything like the cardigan she wore so this greenish one was a close second. As you can see, she sticks to neutrals, with subtle additions of color here and there.

I'm totally gonna buy the backpack eventually (it's a bit pricey for me), and I can definitely score the black skinnies and grey Keds easily enough. The cardigan was cute but I can live without it. However.... the awesome coat? Nowhere to be found. I could just ask her where she got it from, but no. I thrive on the hunt.

Anyway. What was the point of this post? Maybe just to get all the envy out of my system. Of course it's not just about the clothes, it's how you can name someone's style. I covet that too, because currently I do not have one. Or rather, I have many, and I rotate them every day. This girl, however, has her own style, and even if I go out and buy her exact wardrobe, I can't buy that.

Damn, this got deep.

So tell me: Do you know someone whose wardrobe (or style) you covet? Do you have your own sense of style, or are you still--like me--trying to figure it out? Leave it in the comments!


Oh, and P.S.:
One day she totally shocked me by walking into class wearing ... Uggs. I guess that just goes to show, nobody has perfect style.

No comments: