Sunday, November 14, 2010

Currently Inspired by...

...Ballet

And by currently, I mean for the past two years or so.

Ballet and I may have gotten off to a bad start when I was five and insisted on quitting the stupid class where I'd wave streamers and jump around like a small elephant.

But now I can't get enough of it. It seems to be everywhere lately. I watched Etoiles: Dancers of the Paris Opera Ballet, a French documentary on Netflix, a few months ago and now Black Swan is coming to theatres. I really wanted to see that (I mean, a psychological thriller in which Natalie Portman goes crazy while wearing a tutu is my kind of movie) but unfortunately, they're not captioning it in theatres at all for some reason. Bummer. So once again I'll have to wait for the DVD. In the meantime though, I can drool at all these ballet-related pictures--and so can you! Enjoy.


Promotional posters for Black Swan. Amazing, no?


Natalie Portman in Black Swan. This was totally going to be my Halloween costume this year.



This is a shot from Etoiles:


These next two photographs are from a shoot that shows ballerinas in NYC:

And this last one I have framed in my room:


See?

That's all for this post, but next I'm going to show you how you can take all of this ballet-related inspiration and work it into your outfits. Come back for that soon!

No comments: