Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Feast your eyes....

On my new swimsuit!

For the past few years, I've been wearing the same old swimsuit. It's just a black one-piece, which sounds pretty boring, and it sort of is. It does have some nice details, and a sexy cut, but still. This year I decided it was time to shake things up a bit, and I bought--gasp!--a bikini. That's right. I'm baring my stomach on the beach this summer. God help us all.
I'm totally kidding. I'm not that bad. The only reason I've never had a bikini is because they're so skimpy, and I think I might feel a bit naked wearing what's basically lingerie in public. Nevertheless, this summer I'm going to be twenty, and I've decided IT IS TIME. So I took the plunge (at Target, of course) when I saw this cutie (I'm referring to the bikini, not the model):

It was the only one of its kind, hidden among all the other bright throw-up colors and pirate's skulls that's predominant among most bathing suits these days. I could only get the bottom in a size medium, which was a bit big, but luckily all I have to do is tie the strings tightly.

Anyway, I looooove it. I like the blue (matches my eyes!), the pretty embroidery, how it's slightly old-timey and different from the other, flashier swimsuits I've been seeing everywhere. I'm actually excited to wear it to the beach this summer. And for some reason, I keep picturing how nice it'll look in a polaroid photo. Yep, that's how my mind works, people.

3 comments:

AtlantianHeart said...

This is pretty damn awesome [see? I don't ruin everything!] But damn, talk about stepping up - this is like, ridiculously skimpy, particularly compared to your previous [yes, it was sexy] one-piece! I really like the lacy detailing. I got my bikini at Target too, and it has a vintage-y feel too, but more in the fact that it's a twist bandeau top and navy with white polka dots! [oh, yeah, btw, we're totally going to have a ridiculously matchy-matchy color scheme going on, hahaha; but that's okay, because I'll be showing mine off in Italy while you're showing yours off in... um... the Poconos...]


<3!

Kelly said...

aw, i love matchy-matchiness! we have to take a picture of the two of us in our coordinated swimsuits before/after you leave.

AtlantianHeart said...

definitely!!