Friday, November 6, 2009

What I Bought

....at ModCloth's huge sale!
I went a little bit crazy and got like five things, but I'm only showing off four here because, sadly, I forgot my Sweet Ice socks at home this past weekend. Sorry folks. I'll showcase them in an upcoming post.

So, first off: the Time on My Hands Ring, originally $18 but I got it for $3.60.






I love the adjustable band-- it makes it wearable for pretty much everybody (literally, everyone I know has taken turns wearing it so far). I also get a kick out telling people that it really does function as a clock. It doesn't.

Next is the Shere Khan necklace (you know, the tiger from The Jungle Book?):



This isn't a very good picture of it, though, so here's a better one:

It's pretty awesome, and I have to admit I sort of feel like a badass whenever I wear it. And I'm pretty much the least badass person you'll ever meet.

I also got the Through the Lens Bag, originally $60 but I got it for $12! AND it was the last one. Beat that, suckers.





I love it because I can fit soooooo much in it (I'm a sucker for giant bags). I'm actually using this for classes more than my usual messenger bag. The great thing about it is that I can feel hip even when I'm just wearing jeans and my old blue peacoat; the bag adds overwhelming chicness to my overall outfit (if I may say so myself). The only thing I worry about is that I just KNOW I'll accidentally rip the lasercut design on the front one of these days. I'll just have to be extra careful with it. I want this bag to last a long, long time.

And finally, the thing I splurged most on is the I-Spy Dress, marked down from $80 to $40 (still a lot for me, but I've wanted this dress FOREVER):


I love the slightly low-cut back, not to mention the fun pop-art design:


I ordered a small rather apprehensively; I wasn't sure how tight it was going to be. When it arrived, it looked more like a medium, and didn't look like it had any shape. Once I put it on, however, the dress clinged to my body perfectly. It hugs all my curves, but not super-tightly. It's definitely a bit on the short side, ending well before my knees, and has a great subtle sexiness to it. It gives me tons of confidence when I wear it. I can't wait to wear it with black tights, an oversized cardigan, my white rainboots or red heels or black lace-up booties--the possibilities are endless! I also love pairing it with my new Shere Khan necklace. I think I know what I'm wearing on my next date. This is definitely my new favorite dress.

Okay, so that's everything I bought at ModCloth's sale. Can't wait for the next one--not like I'll be participating. I'm so broke now.
Come back later this weekend for a post about the impeccable fashion sense of Zooey Deschanel (yes, finally).

No comments: