Monday, November 9, 2009

What I Wore: Guest Edition!

The other day, I was complaining to my amazing friend Jill that I didn't have anything to blog about (there's only so many outrageously chic outfits I can wear per day), and she valiantly offered to help me out by giving me permission to write a post about the adorable outfit she wore!
It must be noted that Jill has great fashion sense. Everything I know, I learned from her (at least subconsciously). Here, she chose to go for a simple but totally stylish ensemble:


She used just two very basic colors for this outfit: white and black (although the shoes, technically, are silver)--and it came out great. She paired a black and white Beatles T-shirt with the cutest little black skirt ever, black tights, and silver flats.
I love the black in the T-shirt design; it kind of pulls the whole outfit together, and merges the shirt with the skirt. Also, haven't you heard? T-shirts are back in, people! I'm doing a post on that topic next (okay, actually, just one specific T-shirt that I have, not T-shirts in general).


Another trend that's hot right now: bangs! They've never worked for me, since my hair just cannot lie flat, but Jill rocks them here:She finished off the look with a sleek and sophisticated black peacoat (oh how I love peacoats), and I have to say, the silver flats really "pop" amongst all that black:


Too cute!

Finally, I asked Jill to impart some of her fashion wisdom to the rest of us, and here's what she had to say:
"Randomly take chances that no one would expect from you; even if it means talking yourself into actually stepping out the door with what you picked out or carrying a pair of jeans in your bag as a backup plan in case you lose your gumption. Just...go for it."

Best. Fashion. Advice. EVER. It totally applies to me (and I'm sure I'm not the only one), because whenever I pick out an outfit that's even a little over the top, I have to actually force myself to walk out the door wearing it. Most of the time, sadly, I just end up changing into something a little less attention-attracting. I told this to Jill, and she admitted to carrying jeans around with her all day while wearing the above outfit. Kindred spirits! And of course, I'm so glad she didn't succumb to the temptation to switch to regular old jeans... 'Cause, seriously, how adorable was that outfit? Right?

2 comments:

AtlantianHeart said...

^_^ I'm so honored to be a guest entry!! This post rocks - we should collaborate more often <3

Kelly said...

no shit, my friend!