Sunday, November 8, 2009

Celebrity Fashion Spotlight: Zooey Deschanel


Seriously.



I've been talking about this post for a while now, so here it is (finally).

I've always liked Zooey Deschanel. She's cute as a button, and she has an awesome name--apparently her parents found the inspiration from Salinger's "Franny and Zooey," which I find amusing, since Zooey is the boy. I definitely think they picked the better one, though; Franny's just not as great a name. At all. She also beat her older sister Emily at the name contest, I'd say.
Besides her cool name, she's also been the Indie 'It' girl for a while now-- I assume because of her choice of film roles, as well as her part in the band She & Him with M. Ward. (Oh, and she's recently engaged to the frontman of Death Cab for Cutie.)
She sings, she acts, what else can this girl do? Oh yeah: dress really well. Damn her.
Soooo here are some of my favorite Zooey Deschanel outfits.



Great dress, awesome shoes, and I love what she did with her hair. This is a perfect example of effortless chic:





This girl knows how to rock vintage:


Again, effortless! I feel like I could never pull off a ruffled blouse the way Zooey can:

I also can't wait to try the shorts and tights combo. It's hardly anything new, but it never occurred to me to try it until I saw her doing it.



Again, ruffles are pretty much always a big "no" for me, but I love tights.
Here, Zooey pulls off both in a fun but sophisticated way that makes me jealous of her happy relationship with ruffles:



I believe this one is a still from a movie, but whatever. I love the huge whimsical necklace that she paired unexpectedly with the pink printed tank. Also, she's one of the few people who I honestly think looks good with bangs:



Eeeee! Hahah oh man. I don't know why, but this outfit KILLS me. The cute little white dress looks like she stole it from a china doll--but it's okay, because she undoubtedly pulls it off better than the stupid doll did. However, the icing on the outfit cake here is definitely the adorable pink bow in her hair. What an inspired choice that I would never be brave enough to do (yes, funny how pink hair bow=bravery for me):



This isn't an outfit per se, but it's just another example of how this girl can totally rock vintage-inspired looks. I love the fun pose, the retro bathing suit, and most of all the adorable sunglasses:


Yet again, Zooey Deschanel kills a look that I would never ever try myself. I wouldn't even recommend this outfit for anyone else. Zooey, however, looks adorable and enviable in this Christmas-y red and black outfit. The thing that scares me the most is the big bow. I hate big bows. Somehow, though, I love how she manages to make it look here:

Zooey is apparently one of three people on the planet who can wear the color orange (the other two being my sister and Velma from Scooby Doo. And let's be honest, even Velma doesn't really pull it off too great):

Based on how she dresses, I think if we were to ask Zooey for fashion advice her main tips would be:
  1. Go for a subtle sexy appeal, rather than resorting to slutty.
  2. Dress based on your personality. What you wear reflects a very large part of who you are, and Zooey definitely embodies that.
  3. Be creative, daring, and have fun!

Finally, here's Zooey Deschanel, saying she wants YOU to try to be as cool and fashionable as her:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You're probably long dead, but in case you're not... Zooey literally has no fucking pants on in the above pic. Your argument is incredibly invalid. Also, there's not such thing as a slut. A woman can wear whatever she wants, and fuck as many fucking people as she wants.