Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dork Glasses

I have to come clean. Lately--and seriously out of NOWHERE--I've become obsessed with owning a pair of those big, black, oversized dorky glasses that I'm suddenly seeing on cute, pretty girls all around me. "Hmm," my inner self ponders. "I bet if I wore a pair of too-big, nerdy glasses like that, I'D look cute and pretty too!" And not just, you know, dorky and nerdy.
Look at this adorable, chic girl:
And one of the Olsens, god knows which:

And this crazy old lady who either has daring fashion sense or just really bad eyesight (who cares, I love her either way):
I have bad eyesight, but lost my last two pairs of glasses and therefore am going without. However, I have a serious itch to get a new pair now. I don't know if I can wait, though. Which is why I've been browsing fake glasses online, like these vintage-inspired Wayfarers I found on eBay for $12; these American Apparel Abby eyeglasses (that are, unfortunately, 55 freakin' dollars):and pretty much everything I've seen on Etsy. Some examples:

These are $47 total, so again, to much for me. But so cute! Dammit.

These are $29, still more than I want to spend, but I like the color and shape:
I'd put up more, but it's killing me to look at all these awesome glasses that I can't buy. For one thing, I'm low on spending money at the moment. And for another, I don't think I could buy just one pair. I want to have as many different pairs of glasses as I do shoes, so I can mix and match with my outfits and according to my every whim. I'm also hesitant to buy a pair online because I'd want to try them on first and make sure I don't look absolutely retarded before buying them.

Oh well. Maybe if I find a really cheap fake pair, I'll get them. And eventually I'll get new, real glasses (hopefully). I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

glasses online said...

I’m late to find this post but wow, this should be great. May not get any better…

mulberry outlet said...

You made some good points .I did a little research on the topic and found that most people agree with your blog. Thanks.