Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happy Weekend

It's too cold and dreary to even think about going outside this weekend, so I'm holed up inside looking at pretty pictures to cheer myself up. Next weekend is supposed to be sunny and in the 70's, and I'll be going home for a short, much needed break. Until then, though, here's some nice things to look at.

Sparse and pale fits my mood and the weather:
Someone I know just got this studio, and I'm so jealous. It's gorgeous: the wood floor, the tall windows, the light. I'm dying to move in.

It's currently to cold to even think about going to the beach yet, but seeing this picture actually gave me that feeling of rising up on the crest of a wave.

And here's drab with pops of bright, warm yellow:
Love those shoes...
And this dress. Yet another place that I want to move into immediately. There's just something about the simplicity in this picture that I'm yearning for. I tend to cram colors and pictures and clothes and blankets and so on into spaces, so I think a weekend in this room would be a refreshing change of pace. Maybe not longer than that, though. (Although I'll totally keep the dress, thanks.) Oh, and this room makes me think of Iron & Wine's song "Love and Some Verses." ...Probably because I was listening to it while writing this. Anyway, check it out. I think just the combination of listening to the song and looking at this picture will have the same effect as a weekend in this room.


What's that you say? You need more color and I'm just depressing you more than the weather? Whoops, sorry. Here we go:


God, I love Joel McHale (he's my boyfriend's celebrity twin--how awesome is that? It's like I'm dating the guy from The Soup! Yes, I am guilty of telling people that without the "it's like" part.) And I love Community. If you are unaware, please, hustle on over to Hulu and educate yourself.


This picture, and the one underneath, are truly perfect "Spring" pictures (although I'm not sure how I feel about the orange and blue cloud; I like the bottom half more). Pretty sure I got them from My Love for You.

The above picture has also been my desktop background for longer than a week now, which is like a record for me.

*Sigh* I miss playing with my Barbie dolls. My Nan would keep hers in a suitcase, too, and they're soooo much fun to play with. I mean, were. Anyway, she still has them, but I have to wait till she gets back from Florida in May. Hurry up, spring!

No comments: