Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Celebrity Fashion Inspiration: Carey Mulligan

Okay, can I just say that this girl is a total cutie? I probably wouldn't have even looked at British actress Carey Mulligan twice with her long hair, but after her attention-grabbing performance in this year's "An Education" (which I really need to see) and her awesome pixie cut (you know I have a soft spot for those), I keep seeing her everywhere. Mostly with Shia Labeouf, which kind of sucks--I am so not a fan--but oh well. As for Carey's fashion, I think she has her own unique style. She's not likely to, you know, don a swan tutu or anything like that, but she's definitely a bit quirky. Take for example the dress she wore for the Oscars a few weeks ago:
I love: the smile, the newly-blonde hair, and most of all, the tiny little forks, scissors, and whatever else that's attached to her dress. ADORABLE.
Admittedly, not loving: the bottom of the dress being so short, and those shoes. They're okay, just not great, and probably not with that dress. Otherwise I think she would've been perfect. As it is, she's already wayyy up there in my book for wearing a dress that HAS TINY SILVER UTENSILS ALL OVER IT. To the Oscars! That's my kind of style. Cute and quirky, and looking good while doing it.

I thought I had a bunch of pictures of Carey's style saved on my computer for this post, but they're gone. Damnit. So here's just a few more that I re-found online real quick. Check out these examples of her style--some casual and some dressy--and see if it's something you like!






Maybe I'll add words later. Now I have to get to class. Tomorrow, I'll post a picture of myself wearing..... my new glasses! Hooray! Till then, keep looking at Carey and going "Awww," and trying to figure out how to pronounce her boyfriend's name.

No comments: