Thursday, December 2, 2010

Things I Love Thursday (The Very First Edition!)

So I've finally decided to follow Gala Darling's lead example and start posting a regular installment on here called "Things I Love Thursday." The title's pretty self-explanatory, but it's basically just a list of things that are making me happy and thankful every week. I love making lists, and I love reflecting on the positive things in my life, so it's ridiculous that I haven't been doing this from the very start. Soooo here we go! And be sure to share in the comments what's making you smile lately.

1. Seeing those bear-shaped jars of honey and smiling. They remind me of my boyfriend--my disgustingly cute nickname for him is Honeybear.

2. Matt & Kim's new album Sidewalks, particularly the happy-head-nodding-inducing song "Am/Fm Sound," which I've been listening to on repeat for the past two days.


3. Finally having all my awful papers finished and handed in for the week.

4. Adorable iPhone covers like this one, which--$30 price tag or not--WILL be mine. There goes my plan for getting a really cheap one, haha.
Marc Jacobs, avaible at Nordstrom.

5. Getting out of super late-evening 3 hour classes an hour early. Whoo!

6. Having random pleasant chats with classmates that I barely know. Perhaps I shall turn out to be a social creature after all--there's hope yet. At the very least, it's nice to just smile at and connect with people, even if just a little bit.

7. Getting awesome Christmas presents for everyone and contemplating my cheap but awesome wrapping plan for the year (newspaper, ripped-out magazine pages, and lots of markers. I swear it'll look more awesome than it sounds).

8. Wearing a piece of clothing that is comprised of my four favorite things (new! striped! sweater! dress!)

It looks pretty much exactly like this. I got it at Ross for like $12. I'll wear it tomorrow and post a picture!

9. Finally having a new coat that's warm and cheap (20 bucks, hell yes)... and not ugly.
I picked this picture because it shows off the coat nicely, not because it'll get me a run for America's Next Top Model. Obviously.

10. Watching the rain pour outside my window while drinking coffee, eating waffles, and reading the Times. Not a bad morning at all. Although it did get significantly worse once I had to go out into the pouring rain... but oops, this is supposed to be positive!

Well, there's my ten for this week (I'm thinking ten's a good number to aim for, no idea why). Check back next Thursday for more, and sometime tomorrow for Part 2 of the Gift Guide!

No comments: