Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye, 2010

Happy New Year's, everyone! Here's the top things I loved in 2010.


Music
:

  1. LCD Soundsystem
  2. Matt & Kim
  3. Kanye West
  4. Vampire Weekend
  5. For 2011: Who knows? I can never tell what music I'm going to end up listening to.



Movies
:

  1. Inception
  2. Toy Story 3
  3. Shutter Island
  4. Breathless
  5. Spirited Away
  6. For 2011: Black Swan



TV
:

  1. Community
  2. Glee
  3. 30 Rock
  4. Lost (I know I'm late to it)
  5. How I Met Your Mother
  6. For 2011: Catching up on Mad Men



Books
:

  1. The Sartorialist
  2. The Unnamed
  3. Never Let Me Go
  4. Winnie the Pooh
  5. I wish I could put another one here, but I haven't had much time for reading this year. Sad face.
  6. For 2011: Super Sad True Love Story



Experiences
:

  1. Going to New York twice with the boyfriend (for my birthday and his) and seeing Guided By Voices the second visit. It was amazing.
  2. Having a great poetry class that got me writing again.
  3. Somehow getting four A's and two B's this semester.
  4. Having my first job, and enjoying it. (Not to mention... paychecks!)
  5. Finally getting my driver's license. Driving rocks.
  6. For 2011: More New York with the boyfriend, getting through the next semester with (hopefully) more A's and maybe a second job, and a summer internship if I'm lucky. I'm also hoping for a car in 2011... We'll see!


How was 2010 for you? For me, it was a lot better than 2009, and that's all I asked for. Essentially, though, it was just one more year that I needed to get through till I can reach my main goal: graduating college and going to live in NYC with my boyfriend. I really can't wait for that. Now I just have to survive 2011 and half of 2012!



But for now, I have to go get ready to ring in the New Year with the boyfriend. We're staying in with plans to snuggle and drink lots of champagne. Of course, I'm dressing up anyway. I'll post a picture of my outfit later!

No comments: