Saturday, September 18, 2010

The End of Summer

... is actually a good thing. No, really! Check out this article on College Candy to see why! (I totally agree with all of them. Well, except for the football thing.)

If I were to add some of my own reasons to the list, a few would be:
  • More things to do. Sure, it's nice to have a relaxing summer break when you don't have to get up till noon and your only plans for the day are lying out in the sun and reading magazines. But after four months of that, it gets boring. I'm ready for classes and work and clubs and hanging out with friends. I like having a full schedule.
  • Fall leaves. It's gorgeous and you can jump in them, 'nuff said.
  • Fall has the yummiest foods. Pumpkin bread, pies, tea, muffins, and all the heavy, warm things you couldn't bear to eat during the summer.
  • Riding my bike around campus. I get there faster and look cute while doing it!
  • Fall has the best holidays. No matter how old I get, I will always love Halloween: the costumes, the candy, my younger siblings' excitement... And Thanksgiving with my family has amazing food and the biggest game of Spoons ever--everybody plays, even my grandmother. It gets wild!
  • And, of course, fall fashion. Scarves, cardigans, boots, tights, blazers, leather jackets... I'm so excited.
What about you? Are you looking forward to fall, or mourning the end of the summer?

No comments: